Thursday, June 4, 2009

I wasn't able to take any new pictures today, but I will be able to get more soon. This Saturday I will be visiting a town called Mysore (http://www.rrindia.com/karnataka/mysoreindia.html) with my fellow team of trainers. My team is comprised of all women and myself. As you can expect we spend a lot of time together during our trips to and from work and over dinner discussions, and these women are beginning to learn about me just as I have learned about them. One friend -- Andrea -- is fluent in Spainish and has a desire to help those in need. Another friend - Wendy -- has a passion for food and and ability to seemingly memorize with ease 50 students names in a mere 3 days. It is a positive experience to meet these women.

I too am learning of the India people. These people are quite generous and giving. I have been impressed with their desire to make sure I am comforted while I am in their land. It is an almost surreal experience that I feel at such ease in a culture and land that is distinctly different than what I am accustomed. I met Shruthi and learned that she is an accredited electrical engineer, but went back to school to earn an MBA in marketing. She shared much about life in Bangalore with me and took interest in who my family is and what is special about them.

Good stuff !

1 comment:

  1. That is sure nice of your teammates to try and help you feel comfortable. It appears Mysore has lots of things to see and buy. You will have to get your family some nice souvenirs while you are there.
    Love you.
    Dad & Renae

    ReplyDelete