Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wednesday June 11 Hockey claps and Birthday Songs

This was a fun experience. I taught our class today how to "hockey clap" American style. Most of my class didn't know about the sport of Hockey, but I was able to describe it well enough that they understood the value of a good hockey clap. (For those that do not perform Hockey claps, the clap is simply a loud clapping that is slow at first but picks up the tempo until you reach a rapid paced clapping. At that point you stop and yell charge). We were able to combine the new found actitity with a customary acknowledgement of class room birthdays. If you can picture this...there I was with my 40 Indian friends singing the Happy Birthday song followed by a Hockey clap. I think I was forced to sing with an Indian accent it was so fun. It was just a once in a lifetime experience. And my friends enjoyed it as well. I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Addam. Am sure your class really enjoyed it.
    Dad & Renae

    ReplyDelete