Monday, June 15, 2009

June 13th - Saturday at Commercial Street




Hello again. Today was a day of shopping on the infamous Commercial street. The street houses hundreds of small and large retail stores. I think just about anything you want can be found on this street. As you can tell from the pictures it is very conjested. It was quite fun to manuver around light poles, broken concrete, and rubbish. Being new to India everything is an adventure. You might be wondering if I purchased anything -- I did! A street vendor was selling mango wood drums. Through much haggling I was able to get one of my sons a new drum that should bring at least a few months of drumming enjoyment. I might need to get a couple more because I have played with it a few times and it is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment