Monday, June 8, 2009

Sunday June 7 - Church Day




Today I met a new friend Rajan and his wonderful family (Carmen, Tryphena, and Theo). They welcomed me into their Church and their home. Rajan is friends of a friend I have in Omaha, which made meeting very special. My day began attending a Church service, where I joined about 25 other Christians in worship. It was such a positive experience. In the picture you can see me, Rajan, Pastor Prince (Church Pastor), and Pastor Edrich Fernades. Pastor Edrich was a guest speaker for the weekend. Several times he mentioned being in the river of God, and that is where I felt I was. After Church I was able to fellowship with other believers, and afterwards Rajan and his family invited me to their home for lunch. I was treated to a wonderful, traditional Indian meal which included an ice cream treat. Later that day, Pastor Edrich held a classroom teaching that I decided to attend. It was very good. I walked home after Church (to the shock and surprise of my teammates). It was very exciting for me as I was able to experience yet again an aspect of Indian life. I saw many things on my trip which included a Hindu ritual at a street side temple, simpler things like buying rechargeable batteries at a local store. It was very fun. One of our team members gets to live here for a year or more, and as I walked I became envious of that position. I think I could live here. There are so many new adventures. We'll see ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day! Keep the blog posts coming, so enjoy reading them. God has definitely set you on a great adventure. :)
    -Jackie Desch

    ReplyDelete